MR - Medium Rigid Truck Licence

A Medium Rigid (MR) Licence allows people to drive a motor vehicle (Other than special purpose vehicle) with 2 axles and a GVM greater than 8 tonne (e.g. two axle tricks, tippers and busses. It also allows licence holders a motor vehicle included in 2 towing a single trailer (other than a semi- trailer) with a GVM
not greater than 9 tonne, subject to the combination mass limits fixed under the heave vehicle national law (South Australia).

Note: you may tow any farm implement and any trailer with a GVM not exceeding 9 tonne provided it is within the GCM of the towing Vehicle

MR - Medium Rigid Truck Licence

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must have held a Class C (Car) Licence for at least 12 months, including “P” plates.

Course Outline

- Training & Assessment via one of these methods: VORT & CBT&A
- VORT (Vehicle On Road Test)
VORT = Training lessons with a MDI (Motor Driving Instructor) and when ready attempt a VORT with a Authorised Examiner (Must be a different instructor to which you have trained with).
- CBT&A (Competency Based Training & Assessment)
CBT&A = Training & Assessment with a CBT&A Authorised Examiner (stay with same instructor the whole way) - sometimes this method is referred to as 'logbook' training.
- Approx 8-10 hours or extra time may be required depending on students current skills/gearbox of vehicle

How To Book

- Contact our office on 8821 3340
- Payment required at time of booking to secure dates & times

What To Bring/Wear

- Current Drivers Licence
- Enclosed comfortable shoes (eg. sneakers - not thongs or heavy steel cap boots)

Payment Options

Payments can be made:
- At our office
- Via EFT/bank transfer
- Credit card over the phone
- Add to cart on this website
- Afterpay: get what you want today, pay it in four instalments, always interest-free.
- Openpay: select a fortnightly payment plan between 2 to 6 months (customer limits apply)

Vehicles You can Drive With This Licence

If you hold a Medium Rigid (MR) Licence you can drive large 2 axle vehicles such as:
- Tow trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Most fire trucks
- School busses (passenger accreditation may also be required, contact Service SA (ph:131084) for accreditation)
- Bus driving with passengers (passenger accreditation may also be required, contact Service SA (ph:131084) for accreditation)
- Personal motorhomes

Cancellation/Rescheduling/Refund Policy

When a service is cancelled by Accustom a full refund of fees may apply, if this is the case participants will be notified of alternative opportunities.

Where a participant fails to attend without notifying Accustom at least 72 hours (3 full business days) prior to the service commencing, there may be no refund or the ability to re-schedule the service.

Management can offer a re-scheduling fee depending on the service and timeframe.

Accustom are unable to accept responsibility for changes to personal circumstances.

Some fees are non-refundable after payment, if resources have been provided (e.g. training kits posted/testing transaction fees).

Refunds for special circumstances are made at the discretion of Company Management.

Frequently Asked Questions

Download Ezyreg app, enter in registration details and check the GVM/GCM information and compare it to the MR231A Drivers Licence Classifications

Yes. Please check our pricing brochure for quoting in your own vehicle vs our provided vehicle but keep in mind if you have an auto you get restricted to
driving auto only vs if you complete the licence in our manual vehicle you get an unrestricted licence upon successful completion.

No. You only receive competency after demonstrating the required training & assessment standards. Our package hours are guides only and our pricing
guides include the prices per hour for if/when extra hours of training may be required.





View Upcoming

Truck Licences

Photos from our